In 1893 the Duke of Portland gave 2,300 yards of land in Wigwam Lane for the construction of a bath. The District Council made the bath (which was fed by the Town Brook), and erected a corrugated iron building around it.
In 1909 this was replaced by a commodious set of up-to-date baths erected at a cost of £3,300, and presented to the town by the Right Hon. John E. Ellis, M.P. This pool opened A.D. 1909.
Hucknall and Linby Dolphins have been an integral part of the community for almost 100 years. Beginning as Hucknall Swimming Club competing as both a water polo and swimming club for the colliery and surrounding areas.
We have records and Trophies dating back to 1928.
When the new Leisure centre opened in 1992 the old home on Baths Lane was closed and the club moved with it to the current home on Linby Lane.
For youngsters we we now offer a structured teaching programme, squad training and competition from within the club up through county and regional level, with the potential of competing at national level.